The Houston Rockets (59-14) welcome the Atlanta Hawks (21-52) to Toyota Center. The Rockets will try to continue their eight-game winning streak. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 25, 2018, and will air on ATTSN Southwest.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Houston Rockets Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Rockets had no trouble getting past the New Orleans Pelicans, 114-91, while the Hawks were beaten by the Golden State Warriors, 106-94.
Houston’s 0.581 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over New Orleans, who had a rate of 0.427. The Rockets mark was above their season average of 0.553, while the Pelicans was below their season average of 0.541. Atlanta, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.107 vs. 0.108). Houston was lifted by Clint Capela, who contributed 18 points, 16 rebounds and six blocks. Taurean Prince played a key role for Atlanta with 20 points.
Houston could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NBA. The Rockets rank first in offensive efficiency, while Atlanta ranks 22nd in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Hawks rank 21st in offensive rebounding percentage (21.5 percent), while the Rockets rank third in defensive rebounding percentage (79.9 percent).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Hawks games, with 38 unders compared to 33 overs. Atlanta comes into the game with records of 21-52 straight up (SU) and 35-36-2 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Atlanta, games featuring the Rockets have finished under the projected point total 54.2 percent of the time. Additionally, Houston owns records of 59-14 SU and 37-33-2 ATS.
In their first matchup this season, James Harden led the Rockets to a 119-104 victory. He registered a double-double with 29 points and 11 assists. Houston covered as a 9-point favorite and the two teams combined for 223 points, which was over the projected point total of 214.5. The Rockets’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Hawks. Houston had a rate of 20.0, while Atlanta posted a mark of 12.5.
Atlanta Hawks at Houston Rockets Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Rockets average 11.5 fast break points per game, which ranks 15th in the league. The Hawks rank 24th in fast break points allowed per game (13.2).
- Houston averages 8.5 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 27th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- The Rockets rank second in rebounds allowed per game (41.6) while the Hawks rank 21st (44.0).
- Houston ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (22.7) while Atlanta ranks last (26.0).
- Atlanta ranks 14th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.4) while Houston ranks 28th (48.4).
- The Rockets average 42.2 three pointers per game, which ranks first in the league. The Hawks rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (30.2).
- The Rockets rank eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.5) while the Hawks rank 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.8).
- Houston ranks 20th in second chance points per game (11.6) while Atlanta ranks 22nd in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- Houston ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while Atlanta ranks 27th (5.5).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Houston is 28-2 and Atlanta is 10-4.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Hawks are 18-29 and the Rockets are 57-11.
- Atlanta is 17-17-2 ATS on the road, while Houston is 13-20-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 17 of the Rockets 34 home games, while 22 of the Hawks 36 road games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Atlanta and Houston have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Rockets are 1-3-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Hawks are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 113.0 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.8 points per game (0.7 below their season average).
- The Hawks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 5.3 for the season.