The Atlanta Hawks (3-10) will travel to ORACLE Arena to go head-to-head against the Golden State Warriors (11-3). Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 13, 2018, and can be seen on NBATV.
Atlanta Hawks at Golden State Warriors ATS Odds
Despite losing, both teams were able to cover in their last game. The Warriors (8-point underdogs) were defeated by the Los Angeles Clippers, 121-116, while the Hawks (11-point underdogs) fell to the Los Angeles Lakers, 107-106. The Golden State game finished 13.5 points over the projected point total of 223.5, while the Atlanta game went 23.5 points under the projected point total of 236.5.
Atlanta forced Los Angeles into a turnover percentage of 17.7 (above their season average of 12.8) while Golden State held Los Angeles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 21.9). Kevin Durant played well for Golden State, registering 33 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists on his way to his zeroth triple-double this season. Meanwhile, Atlanta was lifted by Trae Young, who recorded 20 points and 12 assists.
The Warriors dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Golden State won 106-94. Golden State’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The Warriors had more offensive rebounds (10 vs. five) and total rebounds (46 vs. 44). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Of the Hawks’ 13 games, seven have finished over the projected point total. Atlanta holds records of 3-10 straight up (SU) and 5-8 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Atlanta, a little over half of Warriors games have finished over the O/U total. Moreover, Golden State owns records of 11-3 SU and 8-5 ATS.
Klay Thompson has been superb recently for Golden State, averaging 23.0 points over the last five games.
The high-octane offense of Golden State (first in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 117.3) will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Atlanta (22nd in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 109.0). The Warriors should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Hawks, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5) while the Hawks rank 27th (24.2).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (30.1) while Atlanta ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (26.7).
- The Warriors rank third in rebounds allowed per game (41.2) while the Hawks rank 21st (47.8).
- Golden State ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while Atlanta ranks 18th (5.5).
- Golden State ranks 12th in second chance points allowed per game (12.4) while Atlanta ranks 26th (17.2).
- The Warriors average 19.6 fast break points per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Hawks rank 28th in fast break points allowed per game (17.4).
- The Hawks average 8.3 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Warriors rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Atlanta ranks 11th in points in the paint per game (48.6) while Golden State ranks 16th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.0).
- Atlanta ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (35.3) while Golden State ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (35.2).
- Atlanta is 0-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Golden State is 1-0.
- The Warriors are 11-2 when they reach the century mark, while the Hawks are 3-8.
- Golden State is 6-2 ATS at home, while Atlanta is 3-4 ATS on the road.
- In 7 road games, the Hawks have 4 overs and 3 unders.
- Of the Warriors’ 8 home games, they have 5 unders and 3 overs.
- In their last five games, Atlanta and Golden State have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Warriors are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Hawks are 3-2.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 115.2 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.0 points per game (0.6 below their season average).
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, down from 9.0 for the season.