The Detroit Pistons (8-3) will be at home in Little Caesars Arena when they challenge the Atlanta Hawks (2-9). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208 points with Detroit opening as a 9-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Detroit Pistons Free Preview
The Hawks lost a close one to the Boston Celtics in their last contest, 110-107. Dewayne Dedmon had a good performance for Atlanta, contributing 19 points and 12 rebounds. Boston’s 18.4 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over Atlanta, who had a mark of 12.5. The Celtics’ mark was below their season average of 24.3, while the Hawks’ was below their season average of 19.8.
In the Pistons’ last game, they topped the Indiana Pacers, 114-97. Detroit received a boost from Andre Drummond, who finished with 14 points and 21 rebounds. Detroit dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.5 (below their season average of 24.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.517). For those same stats, Indiana put up marks of 14.3 and 0.472, respectively.
The high-octane offense of Detroit will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Atlanta. The Pistons currently rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while the Hawks are 22nd in defensive efficiency. The Pistons should have the edge on that side of the ball. ,
Of Atlanta’s 11 games, six have finished over the projected point total, while 6 of Detroit’s 11 games have finished over the O/U total. The Pistons hold a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-3 SU and 8-2-1 ATS, while the Hawks are 2-9 SU and 4-6-1 ATS.
Drummond has been outstanding recently for Detroit, averaging 16.2 rebounds, 14.6 points, 2.4 steals and 1.2 blocks over the last five games.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Pistons won two out of three games last season. In the last matchup, Detroit won 118-95. The Pistons played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.549. For those same stats, the Hawks were 16.0 and 0.423, respectively.
Atlanta Hawks at Detroit Pistons Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Over
- The Pistons rank second in second chance points allowed per game (8.9) while the Hawks rank 18th (12.6).
- Detroit ranks third in steals allowed per game (6.9) while Atlanta ranks 13th (8.1).
- Detroit ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (8.0) while Atlanta ranks 16th (11.3).
- Detroit ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.0) while Atlanta ranks eighth (16.1).
- Atlanta is 2-4-1 ATS on the road with 4 unders and 3 overs.
- At home, Detroit is 4-1-1 ATS with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- Detroit is 5-1 when they allow less than 100 points, while Atlanta is 0-1.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Pistons are 7-1 and the Hawks are 2-6.
- The Pistons rank 13th in assists per game (22.1) while the Hawks rank 25th in assists allowed per game (25.9).
- Detroit ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.1) while Atlanta ranks 29th (34.3).
- The Pistons rank sixth in rebounds allowed per game (41.7) while the Hawks rank 27th (47.9).
- The Hawks rank 18th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Pistons rank 27th (2.9).
- Detroit ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (47.5) while Atlanta ranks 24th (40.4).
- Detroit is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 2-3 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Pistons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, down from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 108.6 points per game (5.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 116.0 points per game (5.5 above their season average).