The Atlanta Hawks (10-30) will attempt to put an end to a 10-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Denver Nuggets (21-19) at Pepsi Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 215.5 points with Denver set as a 9.5-point favorite. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018, and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Denver Nuggets Odds Preview,
The Hawks lost a close one to the Los Angeles Clippers in their last matchup, 108-107. Atlanta’s Ersan Ilyasova had 13 points and 13 rebounds in the contest. Los Angeles had a free throw rate of 0.271 (above their season average of 0.220). Atlanta, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.5 (above their season average of 22.5).
In the Nuggets last matchup, they were beaten by the Golden State Warriors, 124-114. With 22 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists, Nikola Jokic led the way for Denver with his zeroth triple-double of the season. Golden State did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (15-21; 71.4 percent). Denver, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.7 vs. 14.5).
It could be a sloppy game for the Denver offense. Denver ranks 26th in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 15.2 percent), while the gambling defense of Atlanta forces the most turnovers in the league (16.2 percent).
Of Atlanta’s 40 games, 20 have finished over the O/U total, while 22 of Denver’s 40 games have finished under the projected point total. The Nuggets hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (21-19 vs. 10-30), but the Hawks have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (21-17-2 vs. 19-19-2).
Trey Lyles has been playing at a high level recently for Denver, averaging 20.0 points and 9.0 rebounds over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 205 points, which was under the projected point total of 210.5. The Nuggets won 105-100, but were unable to cover as 7.5-point favorites. The Nuggets played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.187 and a superb turnover percentage of 9.8. For those same stats, the Hawks recorded marks of 0.135 and 11.3, respectively. Jokic put up a double-double in the victory with 18 points and 15 rebounds.
Atlanta Hawks at Denver Nuggets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
- The Nuggets rank third in points in the paint per game (49.2) while the Hawks rank 25th (41.1).
- Denver ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (30.4) while Atlanta ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (30.9).
- Denver ranks fifth in rebounds per game (45.2) while Atlanta ranks 27th (40.4).
- Denver ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (4.7) while Atlanta ranks 26th (5.3).
- Atlanta is 11-9-2 ATS on the road, while Denver is 11-7 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 10 of the Nuggets 18 home games, while 12 of the Hawks 22 road games have gone under.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Denver is 11-2 and Atlanta is 3-3.
- The Nuggets are 17-12 when they reach 100 points, while the Hawks are 10-17.
- The Hawks rank sixth in steals per game (8.5) while the Nuggets rank 25th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- Denver ranks first in second chance points per game (15.0) while Atlanta ranks 29th in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- The Hawks rank third in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while the Nuggets rank 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.2).
- The Nuggets average 13.9 fast break points per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Hawks rank 20th in fast break points allowed per game (12.2).
- Denver averages 23.7 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (25.5).
- Denver is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.6, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 103.2 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.6 points per game (0.1 above their season average).