The Brooklyn Nets (8-13) will be at home in Barclays Center when they square off against the Atlanta Hawks (4-17). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 219.5 points with Brooklyn set as a 4.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview
In the Hawks last outing, they fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 121-114. Atlanta’s Dennis Schroder had a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 27 points on 11-for-19 shooting. Cleveland had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 20.8). Atlanta, on the other hand, forced the Cavaliers into a turnover percentage of 17.3 (above their season average of 13.5).
The Nets come in on a high note after topping the Dallas Mavericks in their last game, 109-104. Trevor Booker had a good game for Brooklyn, contributing 16 points and 10 rebounds. The Nets had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5 (above their season average of 21.6) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.528 (above their season average of 0.509).
It will be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-breaking Nets will look to push the more grind-it-out Hawks. The Nets rank third in possessions per game while the Hawks are 13th.
Of Atlanta’s 21 games, 11 have finished over the projected point total, while 13 of Brooklyn’s 21 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Nets have a substantial advantage. They are 8-13 SU and 14-7 ATS, while the Hawks are 4-17 SU and 9-11-1 ATS.
Marco Belinelli has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Atlanta, averaging 12.0 points and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 220 points, just under the projected point total of 220.5. The Nets won 116-104, covering as 1-point favorites. Brooklyn’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Atlanta. The Nets had a rate of 0.534 while the Hawks posted a mark of 0.378. D’Angelo Russell put up a double-double in the victory with 16 points and 10 assists.
Atlanta Hawks at Brooklyn Nets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Over
- The Hawks rank fourth in steals per game (9.0) while the Nets rank 20th (7.6).
- Atlanta averages 18.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- Brooklyn ranks 11th in second chance points per game (12.8) while Atlanta ranks 26th in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- Brooklyn ranks 10th in points in the paint per game (46.6) while Atlanta ranks 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.0).
- Atlanta is 4-6-1 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 6-3 ATS at home.
- The Hawks have 7 unders and 4 overs in 11 road games.
- The Nets have 7 overs and 2 unders in 9 home games.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Atlanta is 1-2 and Brooklyn is 3-0.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Hawks are 4-10 and the Nets are 6-12.
- The Nets rank eighth in fast break points per game (12.8) while the Hawks rank 19th in fast break points allowed per game (11.8).
- Brooklyn averages 33.4 three pointers per game, which ranks second in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (32.8).
- The Nets rank seventh in rebounds per game (45.2) while the Hawks rank 27th (39.9).
- The Hawks rank 16th in blocks allowed per game (5.0) while the Nets rank 25th (5.8).
- Brooklyn ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (22.1) while Atlanta ranks 29th (26.2).
- Brooklyn is 5-0 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 99.2 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.8 points per game (1.0 above their season average).