The Milwaukee Bucks (31-24) will be at home in BMO Harris Bradley Center when they challenge the Atlanta Hawks (18-39). Milwaukee is a 7.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 208 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview
In the Hawks last game, they edged the Detroit Pistons, 118-115. With 20 points and 13 rebounds, Dewayne Dedmon had a solid outing for Atlanta. Atlanta played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.410 (above their season average of 0.189) and a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 13.7). Detroit was 0.313 and 13.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bucks will look to keep it rolling after beating the Orlando Magic in their last outing, 111-104. With 32 points on 14-for-24 shooting, Giannis Antetokounmpo was the games high scorer. Milwaukee’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Orlando. The Bucks had a rate of 0.579 (above their season average of 0.530), while the Magic posted a mark of 0.494.
Milwaukee should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Bucks rank eighth in offensive efficiency, while Atlanta ranks 26th in defensive efficiency. It could also be an error-filled game for the Hawks offense, which ranks 28th in ball security (turnover percentage of 15.0 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Bucks, which forces the fifth-most turnovers in the league (15.0 percent).
Of Atlanta’s 57 games, 29 have finished under the O/U total, while 27 of Milwaukee’s 55 games have finished over the O/U total. The Bucks hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (31-24 vs. 18-39), but the Hawks have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (29-26-2 vs. 25-25-5).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 223 points, well over the projected point total of 199.5. The Bucks won 117-106, covering as 6-point favorites. The Bucks played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.2 and a turnover percentage of 13.4. The Hawks recorded marks of 7.3 and 15.3, respectively, for those same stats. Antetokounmpo put up a double-double in the victory with 33 points and 11 rebounds.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Milwaukee Bucks Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while the Hawks rank 23rd (30.2).
- Milwaukee averages 17.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1).
- Milwaukee ranks 11th in points in the paint per game (45.3) while Atlanta ranks 28th (40.2).
- Neither of these teams are great at rebounding the ball. Atlanta is 25th in the league with 40.7 rebounds per game while Milwaukee is 29th with 39.1 rebounds per game.
- Atlanta is 13-12-2 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 10-14-3 ATS at home.
- The Hawks have 15 unders and 12 overs in 27 road games.
- In 27 home games, the Bucks have 13 overs, 13 unders and 1 push.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Atlanta is 9-3 and Milwaukee is 15-4.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Hawks are 16-23 and the Bucks are 26-12.
- The Bucks rank 14th in assists allowed per game (22.8) while the Hawks rank 29th (25.7).
- Milwaukee ranks third in steals allowed per game (6.9) while Atlanta ranks 27th (8.5).
- The Bucks rank third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Hawks rank 25th (5.3).
- The Hawks rank 15th in second chance points per game (12.6) while the Bucks rank 29th (10.0).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (8.1) while Atlanta ranks 21st (12.3).
- Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 106.0 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.2 points per game (4.9 below their season average).