The Detroit Pistons (27-29) will be at home in Little Caesars Arena when they take on the Atlanta Hawks (18-40). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 212 points with Detroit set as an 8.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Detroit Pistons Betting Preview
The Hawks were beaten by the Milwaukee Bucks in their last matchup, 97-92. Atlanta’s Dewayne Dedmon had a good game, recording 13 points and 10 rebounds. Milwaukee had a better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 11.2). Atlanta, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (14-20; 70.0 percent).
In the Pistons last game, they were beaten by the New Orleans Pelicans, 118-103. With 13 points and 21 rebounds, Detroit’s Andre Drummond had a solid outing. New Orleans made 14 of their 34 three pointers (41.2 percent). Detroit, on the other hand, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (24-32; 75.0 percent).
It could be a sloppy game for the Atlanta offense. Atlanta ranks 28th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 15.0 percent), while the pesky defense of Detroit forces the seventh-most turnovers in the NBA (14.7 percent).
Of Atlanta’s 57 games that accepted bets, 29 have finished under the projected point total, while 30 of Detroit’s 56 games have finished under the O/U total. The Pistons have the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (27-29 vs. 18-40), but the Hawks have been superior against the spread (ATS) (29-26-2 vs. 26-28-2).
These two teams have met three times already this season, with the Pistons leading the series two games to one. In the most recent matchup, the Pistons lost 118-115, unable to cover as 4-point favorites. Drummond scored a game-high 25 points and also added 15 rebounds. The two teams combined for 233 points, which was 24.5 points above the projected point total of 208.5 points. The Hawks played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.410 and a turnover percentage of 12.1. For those same stats, the Pistons were 0.313 and 13.3, respectively.
Atlanta Hawks at Detroit Pistons Odds Prediction
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Hawks, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
- The Pistons rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while the Hawks rank 22nd (17.2).
- Atlanta ranks 20th in blocks per game (4.3) while Detroit ranks 27th (3.7).
- Detroit ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (10.9) while Atlanta ranks 21st (13.1).
- Detroit ranks 18th in rebounds per game (42.8) while Atlanta ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (43.3).
- On the road, Atlanta is 13-12-2 ATS with 15 unders and 12 overs.
- At home, Detroit is 12-17-1 ATS with 15 overs and 15 unders.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Atlanta is 9-4 and Detroit is 13-6.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Hawks are 16-23 and the Pistons are 24-14.
- The Pistons rank 14th in points in the paint per game (44.4) while the Hawks rank 28th (40.1).
- Detroit ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (8.9) while Atlanta ranks 23rd (12.3).
- The Hawks average 23.9 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Pistons rank 27th in assists allowed per game (24.6).
- The Hawks average 30.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the league. The Pistons rank 16th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- Detroit ranks sixth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Atlanta ranks 26th (8.5).
- Detroit is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pistons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 104.6 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.4 points per game (4.5 below their season average).