The Niagara Purple Eagles (2-4) will be at home in Gallagher Center when they go head-to-head against the Army West Point Black Knights (3-1). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017.
Army West Point Black Knights at Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview
The Black Knights defeated the Columbia Lions in their last contest, 88-78. Jordan Fox was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 10-for-17 shooting. The Black Knights had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.615 (above their season average of 0.574) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 vs. 26.5).
The last time the Purple Eagles played, they were defeated by the UT Arlington Mavericks, 95-90. Matt Scott led Niagara in scoring with 26 points on 5-for-12 shooting. UT Arlington held the Purple Eagles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.9 (below their season average of 29.8). Niagara, on the other hand, forced the Mavericks into a turnover percentage of 19.8 (above the 14.1 mark opponents have averaged against Niagara this season).
The offense of Niagara will go head-to-head against the stingy defense of Army West Point. Since the 2016-17 season, the Purple Eagles rank 187th in offensive efficiency, while the Black Knights are 83rd in defensive efficiency. The Black Knights figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Army West Point Black Knights at Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Army West Point, ATS Winner – Army West Point, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Purple Eagles rank 78th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while the Black Knights rank 271st (7.4).
- Army West Point ranks 20th in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while Niagara ranks 207th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- Army West Point averages 16.7 assists per game, which ranks 14th in the nation. Niagara ranks 292nd in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- The Black Knights rank 36th in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Purple Eagles rank 299th in rebounds allowed per game (38.7).
- Niagara ranks 53rd in blocks per game (4.4) while Army West Point ranks 284th (1.9).