The American University Eagles (3-11, 0-3 Pat), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Army West Point Black Knights (8-6, 1-2 Pat) to Bender Arena. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Army West Point Black Knights vs. American University Eagles Betting Preview
The Black Knights fell to the Bucknell Bison in their last contest, 83-66. With 23 points on 8-for-13 shooting, Tommy Funk was the games leading scorer. Bucknell did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (11-15; 73.3 percent). Army West Point, meanwhile, forced the Bison into a turnover percentage of 23.0 (above their season average of 14.8).
The last time the Eagles played, they were beaten by the Navy Midshipmen, 70-64. With 14 points and 13 rebounds, American University’s Sam Iorio played well. Navy had a much better free throw rate (0.196 vs. 0.091). American University, meanwhile, forced the Midshipmen into a turnover percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 18.4).
It will be a matchup of contrasting paces as the up-tempo Black Knights will look to push the slower-paced Eagles. The Black Knights rank 51st in possessions per game while the Eagles are 316th.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Black Knights won two out of three meetings last season. In the most recent matchup, Army West Point won 74-58. Army West Point had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.647 vs. 0.430). American University, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (12.6 vs. 20.0).
Army West Point Black Knights at American University Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – American University, ATS Winner – American University, O/U – Over
- The Black Knights rank 111th in steals per game (6.3) while the Eagles rank 171st in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Army West Point ranks sixth in assists per game (19.0) while American University ranks 200th (12.4).
- The Black Knights rank 88th in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Eagles rank 267th (29.8).
- American University ranks 57th in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while Army West Point ranks 233rd (25.4).
- The Eagles average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.6, up from 12.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Black Knights have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average).