Pat foes will clash when the Boston University Terriers (4-7) go head-to-head against the Army West Point Black Knights (7-4) at Case Gym. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Army West Point Black Knights at Boston University Terriers Free Preview
The Black Knights won big over the Air Force Falcons in their last matchup, 79-54. Jordan Fox led Army West Point in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-9 shooting. The Black Knights held the Falcons to an effective field goal percentage of 0.325 (below their season average of 0.483). The Falcons also had a turnover percentage of 24.0 (above their season average of 17.8).
The last time the Terriers played, they were blown out by the Harvard Crimson, 74-63. Max Mahoney was the top scorer from either team with 16 points on 4-for-7 shooting. Harvard had an effective field goal percentage of 0.649 (above their season average of 0.464). Boston University, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.136).
The offense of Boston University (226th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 103.4) will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Army West Point (98th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 97.6). The Black Knights figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after splitting two games last season. In the last matchup, the Black Knights won 73-62. The Black Knights dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.148 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.7. The Terriers had marks of 0.077 and 13.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Army West Point Black Knights at Boston University Terriers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boston University, ATS Winner – Boston University, O/U – Under
- The Terriers rank 47th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Black Knights rank 128th (6.9).
- Army West Point averages 18.9 assists per game, which ranks 10th in the nation. Boston University ranks 115th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- The Black Knights rank 53rd in rebounds per game (38.9) while the Terriers rank 154th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- Army West Point averages 25.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 53rd in the nation. Boston University ranks 147th in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).
- The Terriers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 2.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Black Knights have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (2.7 above their season average).