To bring the regular season to an end, the American University Eagles (6-23, 3-15 Pat) will travel to Reitz Arena and square off against the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (8-21, 6-12 Pat). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018.
American University Eagles vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Odds Preview
In the Eagles’ last outing, they got blown out by the Bucknell Bison, 80-61. American University’s Sa’eed Nelson finished with 15 points and seven assists in the contest. Bucknell had a free throw rate of 0.490 (above their season average of 0.298). American University, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (14.7 vs. 15.2).
The Greyhounds are trying to rebound after their 62-56 loss to the Navy Midshipmen in their last game. Brent Holcombe was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Navy did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (12-16; 75.0 percent). Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 28.9).
It could be an error-filled game for the Loyola Maryland offense. Loyola Maryland ranks 237th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.4 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of American University forces the 68th-most turnovers in the nation (20.9 percent).
Sam Iorio has really been playing well over the last five games for American University, averaging 19.6 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.0 blocks and 1.2 steals per game.
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. In the most recent contest, the Eagles lost 72-69. Nelson scored a game-high 31 points. The Greyhounds played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 44.0 and a fantastic free throw rate of 0.413. The Eagles were 28.1 and 0.288, respectively, for those same stats.
American University Eagles vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Betting Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank 126th in blocks per game (3.2) while the Greyhounds rank 201st in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- American University ranks 219th in assists per game (12.2) while Loyola Maryland ranks 251st (11.6).
- American University ranks 95th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while Loyola Maryland ranks 291st (16.3).
- The Greyhounds rank 63rd in steals per game (7.0) while the Eagles rank 186th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 192nd in rebounds per game (34.4) while American University ranks 288th (28.9).
- The Greyhounds’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 18.2, up from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average).