The No. 11 Wichita State Shockers (8-2) will be at home in Charles Koch Arena when they clash against the Arkansas State Red Wolves (4-7). Wichita State opened as a 29-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 155 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Wichita State Shockers Betting Preview
The last time the Red Wolves played, they won a close one over the Florida Atlantic Owls, 64-63. Deven Simms was the games high scorer with 22 points on 10-for-19 shooting. Arkansas State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 17.2 (better than their season average of 19.7) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (below their season average of 32.4). Florida Atlantic was 22.3 and 23.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The Shockers are trying to rebound after their 91-83 loss to the Oklahoma Sooners in their last matchup. Darral Willis Jr. was Wichita State’s leading scorer with 20 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Oklahoma’s 8.7 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Wichita State, who had a rate of 11.2. The Sooners mark was better than their season average of 14.8.
The productive offense of Wichita State (17th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 119.3) will face off against the porous defense of Arkansas State (274th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 107.6). The Shockers figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Of Arkansas State’s 8 games that accepted bets, five have finished under the O/U total, while 4 of Wichita State’s 8 games have finished over the O/U total. The Shockers hold a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-2 SU and 4-4 ATS, while the Red Wolves are 4-7 SU and 2-6 ATS.
Willis Jr. has really been playing well over the last five games for Wichita State, averaging 11.6 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.
Arkansas State Red Wolves at Wichita State Shockers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wichita State, ATS Winner – Arkansas State, O/U – Under
- The Shockers average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 62nd in the NCAA. The Red Wolves rank 114th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Arkansas State ranks 13th in three pointers allowed per game (16.6) while Wichita State ranks 253rd (27.6).
- The Shockers rank 17th in assists per game (17.9) while the Red Wolves rank 234th (10.7).
- Wichita State ranks sixth in rebounds per game (44.0) while Arkansas State ranks 195th (34.1).
- The Shockers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.4, down from 16.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Red Wolves have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (0.1 above their season average).