The Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (15-14, 9-9 SBC) and the Arkansas State Red Wolves (11-20, 6-12 SBC) square off in the Sun Belt Conference Tourney at Lakefront Arena. Louisiana-Monroe is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 147 points. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks Odds Preview
These two teams have already met twice this year, with the Red Wolves winning both. McDaniel scored a game-high 24 points in the most recent matchup, in which the Warhawks lost 83-79, unable to cover as 7.5-point favorites. The two teams combined for 162 points, which was 15 points above the projected point total of 147 points. The Red Wolves played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.255 and a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.627. For those same stats, the Warhawks were 0.193 and 0.596, respectively.
Of Arkansas State’s 27 games that accepted bets, 17 have finished over the projected point total, while 11 of Louisiana-Monroe’s 21 games have finished over the O/U total. The Warhawks have the superior straight up (SU) record (15-14 vs. 11-20), but the Red Wolves hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (12-15 vs. 10-10-1).
Travis Munnings has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Louisiana-Monroe, averaging 19.8 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks Free Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Arkansas State, ATS Winner – Arkansas State, O/U – Over
- The Warhawks rank 36th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Red Wolves rank 64th (5.5).
- Louisiana-Monroe ranks 227th in rebounds per game (33.4) while Arkansas State ranks 228th (33.4).
- Arkansas State ranks 70th in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 273rd (24.7).
- The Warhawks rank 119th in assists per game (14.0) while the Red Wolves rank 271st (10.9).
- Arkansas State ranks 170th in blocks per game (2.8) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 244th (1.3).
- Louisiana-Monroe is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Arkansas State is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Warhawks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Red Wolves have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.6 points per game (3.7 above their season average).