The Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-7) will attempt to end a six-game road losing streak when they square off with the Florida Atlantic Owls (6-3) at FAU Arena. Florida Atlantic opened as a 6.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 152 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Florida Atlantic Owls ATS Preview
In the Red Wolves last game, they lost a tough one against the Omaha Mavericks, 77-74. Arkansas State’s Ty Cockfield put together a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Omaha had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 26.8). Arkansas State, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.533 vs. 0.485).
The Owls will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Webber International Warriors in their last matchup, 106-46. Florida Atlantic’s Ronald Delph played well, finishing with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Florida Atlantic played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.635 (above their season average of 0.482) and a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 14.0). For those same stats, Webber International was 0.289 and 23.5, respectively.
Arkansas State could struggle to create turnovers. Since the 2016-17 season, Florida Atlantic ranks 35th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.3 percent), while Arkansas State has forced the 189th-most turnovers (19.2 percent).
Games featuring these teams have typically finished under the projected point total. Arkansas State games have finished under 57.1 percent of the time, while Florida Atlantic games have finished under 75.0 percent of the time. The Owls come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-3 SU and 2-2 ATS, while the Red Wolves are 3-7 SU and 1-6 ATS.
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Florida Atlantic Owls Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida Atlantic, ATS Winner – Arkansas State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Owls average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 108th in the NCAA. The Red Wolves rank 154th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Arkansas State allows the 11th-fewest three pointers per game (18.6) while Florida Atlantic ranks 18th (17.3).
- Arkansas State ranks 69th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while Florida Atlantic ranks 239th (38.6).
- The Owls rank 37th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Red Wolves rank 110th (12.9).
- Florida Atlantic averages 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 126th in the NCAA. Arkansas State ranks 172nd in steals allowed per game (6.0).