SBC foes will clash when the Troy Trojans (10-13, 4-6 SBC) clash against the Arkansas State Red Wolves (9-15, 4-7 SBC) at Trojan Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 156.5 points with Troy opening as a 9-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8:15 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 8, 2018.
Arkansas State Red Wolves at Troy Trojans Betting Preview
In the Red Wolves’ last matchup, they won a close one over the Georgia Southern Eagles, 91-89. Deven Simms led Arkansas State in scoring with 24 points on 8-for-17 shooting. The Red Wolves had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.536 (above their season average of 0.217) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.545 (above their season average of 0.508).
The Trojans will look to maintain momentum after topping the South Alabama Jaguars in their last matchup, 80-63. Kevin Baker played a key role for Troy with 11 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Troy played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 27.5) and a turnover percentage of 13.3 (better than their season average of 15.8). For those same stats, South Alabama put up marks of 24.2 and 18.4, respectively.
The physical Troy offense could be getting to the foul line a lot in this showdown. The Trojans currently rank 94th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.262, while Arkansas State ranks 217th in FTA rate allowed (0.246).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Arkansas State games have gone over 55.0 percent of the time, while 55.0 percent of games featuring Troy have gone under. The Trojans have the superior straight up (SU) record (10-13 vs. 9-15), but both teams have the same against the spread (ATS) record (8-12).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Trojans won 81-72. Troy did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (27-38; 71.1 percent). Arkansas State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.0 vs. 15.6).
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Troy Trojans Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Troy, ATS Winner – Arkansas State, O/U – Under
- The Red Wolves rank 208th in rebounds per game (33.8) while the Trojans rank 223rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- On the road, Arkansas State is 6-7 ATS with 8 unders and 5 overs.
- Troy is 3-4 ATS at home with 4 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- Arkansas State ranks 50th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Troy ranks 160th (22.2).
- The Trojans rank 175th in assists per game (13.2) while the Red Wolves rank 270th (10.6).
- Troy ranks 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Arkansas State ranks 109th (3.4).
- Troy is 1-4 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Arkansas State is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Trojans’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 2.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Red Wolves have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (1.8 below their season average).