The Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-6) will try to end a five-game road losing streak when they take on the Omaha Mavericks (1-9) at Baxter Arena. Omaha is a 2-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 155 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Arkansas State Red Wolves at Omaha Mavericks Betting Preview
The Red Wolves were victorious over the Henderson State Reddies in their last outing, 90-76. Grantham Gillard was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Arkansas State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 43.8 (above their season average of 31.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.611 (above their season average of 0.513). Henderson State was 31.3 and 0.509, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Mavericks last matchup, they were defeated by the Drake Bulldogs, 93-74. Zach Jackson led Omaha in scoring with 13 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Drake had a turnover percentage of 6.5 (better than their season average of 16.0). Omaha, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3 (above their season average of 25.7).
Opposite styles will be on display in this showdown. Omaha ranks 35th in possessions per game (75.6) while Arkansas State is 262nd (68.8) since the 2016-17 season.
Of Arkansas State’s 6 games with betting action, three have finished over the projected point total, while 7 of Omaha’s 11 games have finished under the O/U total. The Red Wolves have the superior straight up (SU) record (3-6 vs. 1-9), but the Mavericks hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (5-5-1 vs. 0-6).
Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. Omaha Mavericks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arkansas State, ATS Winner – Arkansas State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Wolves rank 137th in blocks per game (2.8) while the Mavericks rank 189th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- Arkansas State averages 5.6 steals per game, which ranks 159th in the nation. Omaha ranks 181st in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Arkansas State ranks 30th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Omaha ranks 193rd (24.4).
- The Red Wolves rank 102nd in assists allowed per game (12.8) while the Mavericks rank 231st (15.7).
- Arkansas State ranks 143rd in rebounds per game (36.0) while Omaha ranks 234th (35.2).