SEC foes will collide when the Texas A&M Aggies (13-8, 2-6 SEC) meet the Arkansas Razorbacks (15-6, 4-4 SEC) at Reed Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 145.5 points with Texas A&M opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 30, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Texas A&M Aggies Free Preview
In the Razorbacks last contest, they barely escaped the Oklahoma State Cowboys, 66-65. Daryl Macon was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 7-for-13 shooting. The Razorbacks forced 16 turnovers and held the Cowboys to an effective field goal percentage of 0.452 (below their season average of 0.507).
The Aggies are trying to rebound after their 79-68 loss to the No. 5 Kansas Jayhawks in their last game. Tyler Davis was Texas A&M’s leading scorer with 18 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Kansas had a much better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 16.9). Texas A&M, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 vs. 27.8).
Expect Texas A&M to dominate the offensive glass in this contest. The Aggies rank 33rd in offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 percent), while Arkansas ranks 258th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.4 percent). Moreover, the Razorbacks 38th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.554) will clash against the Aggies 17th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.455).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Arkansas have gone over 57.1 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of Texas A&M games have gone under. The Razorbacks hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 15-6 SU and 10-11 ATS, while the Aggies are 13-8 SU and 7-11 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Razorbacks won both matchups last season. In the most recent game, Arkansas won 86-77. Arkansas was effective at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Razorbacks made 22 of their 27 free throws (81.5 percent), while the Aggies were 9-11 (81.8 percent).
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Texas A&M Aggies Free Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Under
- The Razorbacks rank 24th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Aggies rank 130th (6.6).
- Arkansas ranks 201st in three pointers attempted per game (20.3) while Texas A&M ranks 233rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- Arkansas is 4-5 ATS on the road with 5 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, Texas A&M is 2-6 ATS with 5 unders and 3 overs.
- Texas A&M ranks third in rebounds per game (42.3) while Arkansas ranks 182nd (34.7).
- The Razorbacks rank 67th in assists per game (15.3) while the Aggies rank 179th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- Arkansas averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 38th in the NCAA. Texas A&M ranks 149th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Texas A&M is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Arkansas is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Aggies have been outscored by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Texas A&M has defeated opponents by an average of 6.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (1.2 above their season average).