The Providence Friars (18-15) will be 5.5-point favorites in the NIT at Dunkin’ Donuts Center when they challenge the Arkansas Razorbacks (17-15). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 140 points and it will air on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Providence Friars Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Friars fell to the 25th-ranked Villanova Wildcats, 73-62, while the Razorbacks were defeated by the Florida Gators, 66-50.
Arkansas had a better effective field goal percentage (0.413 vs. 0.455) while Providence did a fantastic job of making free throws (17-21; 81.0 percent). Providence was led by Nate Watson, who had 15 points and five rebounds. Daniel Gafford fueled Arkansas with 15 points and six rebounds.
Vegas is known to place the total high when the Razorbacks are playing, as 22 of their 32 games have gone under the total. Arkansas holds records of 17-15 straight up (SU) and 14-18 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Arkansas, Friars games have gone over the total 51.5 percent of the time. Further, Providence is 18-15 SU and 15-18 ATS.
It could be a sloppy game for the Providence offense. Providence ranks 207th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.1 percent), while the pesky defense of Arkansas forces the 13th-most turnovers in the country (23.4 percent).
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Providence Friars Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Providence, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Over
- Providence ranks 106th in rebounds per game (36.4) while Arkansas ranks 276th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The Razorbacks rank 177th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Friars rank 247th (20.2).
- Arkansas ranks 15th in blocks per game (4.9) while Providence ranks 77th (3.9).
- The Razorbacks rank 18th in steals per game (8.3) while the Friars rank 187th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Arkansas averages 16.0 assists per game, which ranks 21st in the NCAA. Providence ranks 94th in assists allowed per game (12.3).
- The Friars’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 2.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (7.2 below their season average).