The Ole Miss Rebels (11-14, 4-8 SEC), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Arkansas Razorbacks (17-8, 6-6 SEC) to The Pavilion at Ole Miss. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 158 points with neither team favored. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Ole Miss Rebels Betting Preview
In the Razorbacks last matchup, they had no trouble getting past the Vanderbilt Commodores, 72-54. With 16 points, nine rebounds and seven blocks, Daniel Gafford had a solid outing for Arkansas. The Razorbacks held the Commodores to an effective field goal percentage of 0.277 (below their season average of 0.514) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 (below their season average of 28.9).
The Rebels are trying to rebound after their 82-66 loss to the LSU Tigers in their last outing. Bruce Stevens led Ole Miss in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting. LSU did a terrific job of making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent). Ole Miss, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.6 (above their season average of 31.2).
Arkansas could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Razorbacks currently rank 38th in offensive efficiency while Ole Miss ranks 299th in defensive efficiency.
Of Arkansas 25 games, 13 have finished over the O/U total, while 15 of Ole Miss 24 games have finished under the projected point total. The Razorbacks hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 17-8 SU and 12-13 ATS, while the Rebels are 11-14 SU and 9-15 ATS.
Daryl Macon has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Arkansas, averaging 22.8 points, 3.2 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 190 points, well over the projected point total of 155. The Razorbacks won 97-93, but were unable to cover as 8-point favorites. Arkansas did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (28-35; 80.0 percent). Ole Miss, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.4 vs. 30.8). Terence Davis scored a game-high 30 points.
Arkansas Razorbacks at Ole Miss Rebels Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Under
- The Razorbacks average 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 29th in the nation. The Rebels rank 111th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Arkansas ranks 16th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Ole Miss ranks 73rd (5.6).
- Arkansas is 4-7 ATS on the road, while Ole Miss is 7-7 ATS at home.
- The Razorbacks have 6 unders and 5 overs in 11 road games.
- Of the Rebels 14 home games, they have 9 unders, 4 overs and 1 push.
- Ole Miss averages 24.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 62nd in the nation. Arkansas ranks 226th in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- The Razorbacks average 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 92nd in the nation. The Rebels rank 256th in assists allowed per game (16.4).
- Ole Miss averages 37.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 76th in the NCAA. Arkansas ranks 176th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- Ole Miss is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Arkansas is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Rebels average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.4, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (8.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (4.0 below their season average).