The Missouri Tigers (19-11, 9-8 SEC) and Arkansas Razorbacks (21-9, 10-7 SEC) will square off at Mizzou Arena to wrap up the regular season. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 3, 2018.
Arkansas Razorbacks at Missouri Tigers Free Preview
In the Razorbacks last game, they were victorious over the No. 14 Auburn Tigers, 91-82. Daniel Gafford led Arkansas in scoring with 21 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Arkansas effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Auburn. The Razorbacks had a rate of 0.610 (above their season average of 0.545), while the Tigers posted a mark of 0.398 (below their season average of 0.528).
The Tigers will look to keep it rolling after topping the Vanderbilt Commodores in their last game, 74-66. Missouri received a boost from Jontay Porter, who was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 9-for-10 shooting. The Tigers made 10 of their 14 free throws (71.4 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.711 (above their season average of 0.541).
The physical Missouri offense looks poised to dominate from the foul line. The Tigers currently rank 39th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.284, while Arkansas ranks 331st in FTA rate allowed (0.302). It will also be a tale of two styles as the up-and-down Razorbacks rank 52nd in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Tigers rank 290th.
These teams have already met once this season. The Razorbacks won 65-63. The Razorbacks played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.280 and a turnover percentage of 17.6. For those same stats, the Tigers were 0.200 and 22.2, respectively. Despite the loss, Kassius Robertson was the games leading scorer with 26 points.
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers ATS Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Missouri, ATS Winner – Missouri, O/U – Under
- The Tigers average 36.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 86th in the nation. The Razorbacks rank 195th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Missouri averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 37th in the nation. Arkansas ranks 137th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Missouri averages 24.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 74th in the NCAA. Arkansas ranks 246th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- The Razorbacks rank 17th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Tigers rank 163rd (6.7).
- Missouri ranks 32nd in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Arkansas ranks 151st (13.6).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Missouri has defeated opponents by an average of 5.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 81.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average).