SEC foes will collide when the Georgia Bulldogs (12-6, 3-4 SEC) clash with the Arkansas Razorbacks (13-6, 3-4 SEC) at Stegeman Coliseum. Georgia opened as a 1.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 143 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Georgia Bulldogs Free Preview
In the Razorbacks last outing, they defeated the Ole Miss Rebels, 97-93. Jaylen Barford was Arkansas leading scorer with 23 points on 8-for-11 shooting. The Razorbacks knocked down 28 of their 35 free throws (80.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.651 (above their season average of 0.553).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 79-65 loss to the No. 17 Auburn Tigers in their last outing. Yante Maten was Georgia’s high scorer with 17 points on 3-for-7 shooting. Auburn forced the Bulldogs into a turnover percentage of 24.6 (above their season average of 16.8). Georgia, on the other hand, held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (below their season average of 35.7).
The aggressive Georgia offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Bulldogs rank 21st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.296, while Arkansas ranks 279th in FTA rate allowed (0.272). It will also be a tale of two paces as the up-tempo Razorbacks rank 40th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bulldogs rank 316th.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Arkansas games have finished over 57.9 percent of the time, while games including Georgia have gone under 66.7 percent of the time. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (13-6 for Arkansas; 12-6 for Georgia), but the Razorbacks hold a slight edge against the spread (ATS). Arkansas is 9-10 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 8-7.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Razorbacks won the lone game played against each other last season, 85-67. Arkansas had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.590 vs. 0.336). Georgia, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (26-28; 92.9 percent).
Arkansas Razorbacks at Georgia Bulldogs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Under
- The Razorbacks average 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 41st in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 99th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Arkansas ranks 192nd in three pointers attempted per game (20.2) while Georgia ranks 236th (18.3).
- Arkansas is 3-5 ATS on the road, while Georgia is 4-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 5 of the Razorbacks 8 road games, while 3 of the Bulldogs 6 home games have gone over.
- Georgia ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (40.2) while Arkansas ranks 186th (35.1).
- The Bulldogs rank 20th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while the Razorbacks rank 143rd (13.6).
- Arkansas ranks 30th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Georgia ranks 108th (6.4).
- Georgia is 2-3 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Arkansas is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Georgia has defeated opponents by an average of 4.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 73.2 points per game (11.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.4 points per game (4.8 above their season average).