Expect a high-scoring game when the Florida Gators (12-5, 4-1 SEC) and the Arkansas Razorbacks (12-5, 2-3 SEC) battle at Stephen C. O’Connell Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 156 points with Florida opening as a 6-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 17, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Arkansas Razorbacks at Florida Gators Odds Preview
The Razorbacks barely escaped the Missouri Tigers in their last outing, 65-63. Daniel Gafford was Arkansas leading scorer with 15 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Arkansas played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.280 (above their season average of 0.244) and a turnover percentage of 17.6 (worse than their season average of 12.7). Missouri was 0.200 and 22.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Gators played, they were topped by the Ole Miss Rebels, 78-72. With 11 points and 11 rebounds, Egor Koulechov had a solid game for Florida. Ole Miss did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (22-26; 84.6 percent). Florida, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.4 vs. 13.7).
This showdown figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s top offenses square off. Florida ranks 33rd with 115.2 points per 100 possessions and Arkansas is 34th (114.9).
Of Arkansas 17 games, nine have finished over the projected point total, while 7 of Florida’s 14 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (12-5 for Arkansas; 12-5 for Florida), but the Razorbacks have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Arkansas is 9-8 ATS, while the Gators are 8-8.
Koulechov has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Florida, averaging 18.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Gators won both games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Florida won 78-65. Florida’s 0.596 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Arkansas, who had a mark of 0.407.
Arkansas Razorbacks at Florida Gators Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Under
- The Gators average 36.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 135th in the NCAA. The Razorbacks rank 154th in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- Arkansas averages 15.9 assists per game, which ranks 57th in the nation. Florida ranks 66th in assists allowed per game (12.1).
- Arkansas is 3-4 ATS on the road, while Florida is 3-5 ATS at home.
- The Razorbacks have 5 unders and 2 overs in 7 road games.
- The Gators have 4 unders and 2 overs in 8 home games.
- Florida ranks 60th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Arkansas ranks 187th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- The Gators rank 43rd in steals per game (7.6) while the Razorbacks rank 96th (6.6).
- Arkansas averages 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 36th in the nation. Florida ranks 60th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- Florida is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Arkansas is 0-5 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Gators average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.4, down from 9.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 73.2 points per game (11.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (4.5 above their season average).