The Auburn Tigers (13-1, 1-0 SEC) and the No. 22 Arkansas Razorbacks (11-3, 1-1 SEC) face off at Auburn Arena. The Tigers will try to extend their 11-game winning streak. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Auburn Tigers Free Preview
In the Razorbacks last matchup, they lost a close one to the Mississippi State Bulldogs, 78-75. Daryl Macon had a solid performance for Arkansas, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 9-for-12 shooting. Mississippi State had a free throw rate of 0.407 (above their season average of 0.217). Arkansas, on the other hand, held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.458 (below their season average of 0.548).
The Tigers hope to keep it rolling after topping the No. 23 Tennessee Volunteers in their last matchup, 94-84. With 18 points on 4-for-13 shooting, Jared Harper was Auburn’s leading scorer. Auburn played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 15.4) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.8 (above their season average of 37.3). Tennessee put up marks of 16.8 and 36.8, respectively, for those same stats.
It might turn into a shootout as two of the nations best offenses battle. Auburn ranks 25th with 117.4 points per 100 possessions and Arkansas is 21st (118.2).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Razorbacks, it’s been Macon, who has averaged 20.0 points, 5.4 assists and 1.6 steals, while the Tigers have received solid contributions from Harper (15.4 points and 6.0 assists).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Razorbacks won the sole contest last season, 79-68. The Razorbacks played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.276 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.543. The Tigers recorded marks of 0.194 and 0.452, respectively, for those same stats.
Arkansas Razorbacks at Auburn Tigers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank fifth in blocks per game (6.6) while the Razorbacks rank 79th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Arkansas ranks 45th in assists per game (16.7) while Auburn ranks 105th in assists allowed per game (12.9).
- Auburn ranks ninth in rebounds per game (42.3) while Arkansas ranks 167th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- The Tigers rank 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while the Razorbacks rank 193rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- Arkansas ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Auburn ranks 121st (6.7).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.2, down from 14.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 91.4 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (0.7 below their season average).