The Washington State Cougars (9-11, 1-7 Pac-12) look to snap the six-game winning streak of Arizona when they welcome the No. 9 Wildcats (18-4, 8-1 Pac-12) to Wallis Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum. Arizona is an 11-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 152.5 points. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Arizona Wildcats at Washington State Cougars Odds Preview
The Wildcats won a close one over the Utah Runnin’ Utes in their last contest, 74-73. Dusan Ristic was Arizona’s leading scorer with 23 points on 9-for-11 shooting. Arizona’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Utah. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.756 (above their season average of 0.567), while the Runnin’ Utes posted a mark of 0.509.
The last time the Cougars played, they were defeated by the Washington Huskies, 80-62. Robert Franks led Washington State in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-17 shooting. Washington was lights out from beyond the arc (11-25; 44.0 percent). Washington State, on the other hand, held the Huskies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (below their season average of 31.1).
It could be a difficult game for Washington State on the offensive glass. The Cougars are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 302nd in offensive rebounding percentage at 24.8 percent. Meanwhile, Arizona ranks 74th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 73.9 percent. Additionally, the Wildcats 10th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 118.3) will attempt to exploit the Cougars 269th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 107.0).
Of Arizona’s 22 games, 12 have finished over the projected point total, while 11 of Washington State’s 19 games have finished under the O/U total. The Wildcats have the superior straight up (SU) record (18-4 vs. 9-11), but the Cougars hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (9-10 vs. 7-14-1).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Wildcats won both meetings last season. In the last game, Arizona won 78-59. The Wildcats dominated every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 and a free throw rate of 0.194. The Cougars put up marks of 17.6 and 0.111, respectively, for those same stats.
Arizona Wildcats vs. Washington State Cougars Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Arizona, ATS Winner – Arizona, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats rank 44th in assists per game (16.1) while the Cougars rank 168th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Washington State is 5-3 ATS at home, while Arizona is 4-6 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 5 of the Wildcats 10 road games, while 7 of the Cougars 8 home games have gone under.
- Washington State ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (30.1) while Arizona ranks 242nd (18.7).
- The Wildcats rank sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.7) while the Cougars rank 205th (36.6).
- Arizona ranks 37th in blocks per game (4.7) while Washington State ranks 203rd (2.1).
- Washington State is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Arizona is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Cougars average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 79.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average).