The Washington Huskies (16-6, 6-3 Pac-12) will try to snap the seven-game winning streak of Arizona when they welcome the No. 9 Wildcats (19-4, 9-1 Pac-12) to Alaska Airlines Arena. Arizona is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 148 points. Action begins at 10:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Arizona Wildcats vs. Washington Huskies Betting Preview
In the Wildcats last game, they easily got past the Washington State Cougars, 100-72. Deandre Ayton was Arizona’s high scorer with 25 points on 11-for-12 shooting. The Wildcats held the Cougars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.6 (below their season average of 24.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.688 (above their season average of 0.574).
The Huskies hope to maintain momentum after beating the No. 25 Arizona State Sun Devils in their last outing, 68-64. Washington rallied around Noah Dickerson, who was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Washington dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 30.8) and a turnover percentage of 15.9 (better than their season average of 16.8). Arizona State recorded marks of 24.2 and 19.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The physical Washington offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Huskies currently rank 79th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.267, while Arizona ranks 247th in FTA rate allowed (0.256).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Wildcats won both contests played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Arizona won 76-68. The Wildcats turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Huskies. Arizona had a rate of 13.4, while Washington posted a mark of 19.7.
Arizona Wildcats at Washington Huskies Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Arizona, ATS Winner – Arizona, O/U – Over
- The Huskies rank 16th in blocks per game (5.5) while the Wildcats rank 66th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Washington ranks 214th in three pointers attempted per game (19.6) while Arizona ranks 237th (18.6).
- Washington ranks 10th in steals per game (8.7) while Arizona ranks 197th (5.1).
- The Wildcats average 16.1 assists per game, which ranks 45th in the NCAA. The Huskies rank 220th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- Arizona ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (29.4) while Washington ranks 144th (34.9).
- The Huskies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 81.2 points per game (1.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (2.5 below their season average).