Pac-12 foes will battle when the California Golden Bears (7-11, 1-4 Pac-12) meet the No. 14 Arizona Wildcats (14-4, 4-1 Pac-12) at Haas Pavilion. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 152.5 points with Arizona opening as a 14.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 17, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Arizona Wildcats vs. California Golden Bears ATS Preview
The Wildcats were victorious over the Oregon Ducks in their last contest, 90-83. Allonzo Trier was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 6-for-14 shooting. The Wildcats knocked down 34 of their 37 free throws (91.9 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.609 (above their season average of 0.560).
The last time the Golden Bears played, they were defeated by the Washington State Cougars, 78-53. With 10 points and 11 rebounds, California’s Juhwan Harris-Dyson played well. Washington State made 15 of their 28 three pointers (53.6 percent). California, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.2 (above their season average of 35.3).
Contrasting styles will be on display in this meeting. California prefers to play up-tempo (93rd in possessions per game), while Arizona is more half-court-oriented (194th in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Wildcats 15th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 118.3) will face off against the Golden Bears 318th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 110.7).
Of Arizona’s 18 games, 10 have finished over the O/U total, while 8 of California’s 15 games have finished over the projected point total. The Wildcats hold a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-4 SU and 6-11-1 ATS, while the Golden Bears are 7-11 SU and 5-10 ATS.
Justice Sueing has been excellent over the last five games for California, averaging 18.2 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Wildcats won both contests last season. In the most recent game, Arizona won 62-57. The Wildcats dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 35.5 and a turnover percentage of 14.6. For those same stats, the Golden Bears were 16.0 and 17.7, respectively.
Arizona Wildcats at California Golden Bears Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arizona, ATS Winner – Arizona, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats rank 226th in three pointers attempted per game (18.6) while the Golden Bears rank 268th (15.2).
- California averages 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 78th in the nation. Arizona ranks 89th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- On the road, Arizona is 3-5 ATS with 5 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- California is 2-7 ATS at home with 6 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- Arizona ranks 58th in assists per game (15.8) while California ranks 249th (10.7).
- The Wildcats rank 10th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while the Golden Bears rank 89th (33.7).
- Arizona ranks 52nd in blocks per game (4.4) while California ranks 101st in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- California is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Arizona is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Golden Bears average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 7.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 81.4 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (3.0 above their season average).