The Colorado Buffaloes (16-14, 8-10 Pac-12) and the Arizona State Sun Devils (20-10, 8-10 Pac-12) clash in the Pac-12 Conference Tournament at T-Mobile Arena. Arizona State opened as a 7-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 149 points. Action begins at 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Colorado Buffaloes Free Preview
The Sun Devils lost a tough one against the Stanford Cardinal in their last outing, 84-83. Arizona State’s Remy Martin recorded 14 points and seven assists in the game. Stanford had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 (above their season average of 32.3). Arizona State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 7.5 (better than their season average of 13.5).
In the Buffaloes’ last game, they were topped by the Utah Runnin’ Utes, 64-54. McKinley Wright IV was Colorado’s leading scorer with 16 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Utah did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (20-26; 76.9 percent). Colorado, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 29.5).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Colorado. Colorado ranks 291st in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the gambling defense of Arizona State forces the 60th-most turnovers in the nation (20.9 percent).
Of Arizona State’s 30 games, 16 have finished over the projected point total, while 17 of Colorado’s 30 games have finished under the projected point total. The Sun Devils have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (20-10 vs. 16-14) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (14-13-3 vs. 13-16-1).
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. Tra Holder scored a game-high 22 points in the most recent contest, in which the Sun Devils defeated the Buffaloes 80-66, covering as 9.5-point favorites. He also had five rebounds. The two teams combined to score 146 points, which was 8.5 points below the projected point total of 154.5 points. The Sun Devils played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 8.7 and a solid free throw rate of 0.250. The Buffaloes put up marks of 20.7 and 0.131, respectively, for those same stats.
Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Colorado Buffaloes Odds Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Under
- The Sun Devils average 24.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 72nd in the nation. The Buffaloes rank 212th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- Arizona State ranks 103rd in blocks per game (3.6) while Colorado ranks 177th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Colorado ranks 46th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Arizona State ranks 231st (15.0).
- The Sun Devils rank 82nd in steals per game (6.7) while the Buffaloes rank 245th (4.5).
- Colorado averages 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 61st in the NCAA. Arizona State ranks 222nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Colorado is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Arizona State is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Buffaloes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sun Devils have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (7.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (1.0 below their season average).