The No. 16 Arizona State Sun Devils (8-0) try to stay unbeaten when they take on the No. 2 Kansas Jayhawks (7-1) at Allen Fieldhouse. Kansas opened as a 10.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 158 points. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Arizona State Sun Devils at Kansas Jayhawks Odds Preview
The last time the Sun Devils played, they defeated the St. John’s Red Storm, 82-70. With 18 points, six rebounds and six assists, Shannon Evans put together a good outing for Arizona State. The Sun Devils made 23 of their 27 free throws (85.2 percent) and held the Red Storm to an effective field goal percentage of 0.445 (below the 0.509 mark opponents have averaged against Arizona State this season).
The Jayhawks are trying to rebound after their 74-65 loss to the Washington Huskies in their last game. Lagerald Vick was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 12-for-23 shooting. Washington’s 0.117 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Kansas, who had a mark of 0.065. The Huskies’ mark was below their season average of 0.363, while the Jayhawks was below their season average of 0.157.
The high-octane offense of Kansas will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of Arizona State. Since the 2016-17 season, the Jayhawks rank 18th in offensive efficiency, while the Sun Devils are 311th in defensive efficiency. The Jayhawks figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving Arizona State have finished over 75.0 percent of the time, while 71.4 percent of Kansas games have finished under. The Sun Devils hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-0 SU and 7-0-1 ATS, while the Jayhawks are 7-1 SU and 5-2 ATS.
Arizona State Sun Devils at Kansas Jayhawks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Arizona State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Sun Devils rank 35th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Jayhawks rank 151st (6.7).
- Kansas ranks 46th in blocks per game (4.6) while Arizona State ranks 141st in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Kansas averages 17.0 assists per game, which ranks 24th in the nation. Arizona State ranks 255th in assists allowed per game (18.2).
- The Jayhawks average 38.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. The Sun Devils rank 250th in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- Kansas ranks 116th in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while Arizona State ranks 243rd in three pointers allowed per game (25.6).