The No. 3 Arizona State Sun Devils (12-0) try to stay unbeaten when they clash with the No. 17 Arizona Wildcats (10-3) at McKale Memorial Center. Arizona opened as a 5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 162.5 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Arizona Wildcats Betting Preview
In the Sun Devils last game, they won big over the Pacific Tigers, 104-65. With 12 points, nine rebounds and seven blocks, Arizona State’s De’Quon Lake put together a good outing. Arizona State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.627 (above their season average of 0.588) and a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 14.3). For those same stats, Pacific was 0.381 and 15.4, respectively.
The Wildcats come in on a high note after topping the Connecticut Huskies in their last matchup, 73-58. Arizona was led by Dusan Ristic, who had 18 points and 10 rebounds. Arizona dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.280 (below their season average of 0.295) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.584). For those same stats, Connecticut was 0.167 and 0.454, respectively.
This meeting figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s top offenses clash. Arizona currently ranks 16th with 120.3 points per 100 possessions and Arizona State is third (124.8). Furthermore, the Sun Devils rank 27th in turnover percentage (16.0 percent), while the Wildcats rank 257th in opponents turnover percentage (18.1 percent).
Of Arizona State’s 12 games, eight have finished over the projected point total, while 7 of Arizona’s 13 games have finished over the O/U total. The Sun Devils hold a substantial advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 12-0 SU and 10-1-1 ATS, while the Wildcats are 10-3 SU and 5-8 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Wildcats won both matchups last season. In the most recent contest, Arizona won 73-60. The Wildcats played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 and a superb turnover percentage of 8.7. The Sun Devils were 7.9 and 14.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Arizona State Sun Devils at Arizona Wildcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arizona, ATS Winner – Arizona State, O/U – Over
- The Sun Devils rank 34th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Wildcats rank 79th (6.1).
- Arizona ranks 49th in blocks per game (4.6) while Arizona State ranks 93rd (3.6).
- Arizona is 3-4 ATS at home, while Arizona State is 4-0 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 3 of the Sun Devils 4 road games, while 4 of the Wildcats 7 home games have gone over.
- Arizona State ranks 71st in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while Arizona ranks 237th (18.5).
- The Wildcats rank 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.1) while the Sun Devils rank 129th (34.8).
- Arizona averages 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. Arizona State ranks 174th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- Arizona is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Arizona State is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 12.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sun Devils have scored an average of 90.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (2.7 below their season average).