Arizona Coyotes vs. Florida Panthers Free Preview

Facing each other for the second and final time this season, the Arizona Coyotes and the Florida Panthers collide at the BB&T Center in a cross-country tilt. The action gets started at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 24, and it is being shown live on Fox Sports Arizona.

Arizona Coyotes at Florida Panthers Odds

Arizona (+175) is currently the underdog to Florida (-205) and the Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 6 goals. The odds for betting the total stand at -110 for the over and -110 on the under.

The Panthers are 37-35 straight up (SU) and have earned 0.4 units for moneyline bettors this year. That early-season winning percentage is a welcome improvement compared to how the team performed during the 2016-17 season (35-47). Through 72 regular season outings, 36 of the teams games have gone over the total, while 35 have gone under and just one has pushed. This season, the team is 22-14 SU at home.

Florida’s converted on 19.0 percent of its power play chances this year, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 15th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 81.0 percent of all penalties.

As a collective unit, Florida has been called for penalties 4.3 times per game overall this season, 4.8 per game over its past five matchups total, and 3.8 per game over its last five at home. The teams had to stave off opposition power plays for a whopping 13.6 minutes per game over its last five matchups, in total.

Averaging 28.4 saves per game with a .911 save percentage, James Reimer (18-20-5) has been the best option in goal for the Panthers this year. If they, however, choose to rest him, the team could turn to Roberto Luongo (15-14-14 record, .927 save percentage, 2.55 goals against average).

Aleksander Barkov and Vincent Trocheck will both spearhead the attack for the Panthers. Barkov (73 points) has put up 26 goals and 47 assists and has recorded multiple points in 21 different games this year. Trocheck has 28 goals and 38 assists to his credit and has recorded at least one point in 47 contests.

On the other bench, Arizona is 25-49 straight up (SU) and has lost 17.6 units for moneyline bettors this year. A total of 39 of its contests have gone under the total, while 34 have gone over and just one has pushed. Arizona’s 10-25 SU as the visiting team this season.

Arizona has converted on just 16.6 percent of its power play opportunities this season, a figure that’s ranked 27th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 15th overall and it’s successfully killed off 80.6 percent of all opponent power plays.

Arizona’s skaters have been penalized only 3.4 times per game this season, and 4.2 per game over their last five on the road. The team has had to stave off opponent power plays just 8.4 minutes per game over their last five outings.

Antti Raanta (2.37 goals against average and .926 save percentage) has been the primary option in goal for Arizona. Raanta is averaging 27.3 saves per game and owns an 18-24-6 record.

Clayton Keller (21 goals, 36 assists) has been one of the primary playmakers on offense for the visiting Coyotes.

Arizona Coyotes at Florida Panthers Free Picks

Pick: SU Winner – Panthers, O/U – Over

Betting Notes

  • Arizona is 2-5 in games decided by a shootout this season while Florida is 3-3 in shootouts.
  • The under has hit in three of Florida’s last five games.
  • The Panthers have averaged the leagues second-most shots on goal (34.6) while the Coyotes have attempted the 27th-most (only 34.6).
  • Eight of Florida’s last ten contests have been decided by two or more goals. The team is 5-3 overall in those games.
  • Arizona skaters have accounted for the fifth-most hits in the league (24.3 per game), but that numbers down to just 21.0 hits over their last five away games.