The Appalachian State Mountaineers (5-6) will attempt to end a five-game road losing streak when they clash against the Ohio State Buckeyes (8-3) at Value City Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Appalachian State Mountaineers at Ohio State Buckeyes Odds Preview
In the Mountaineers last outing, they lost to the Akron Zips, 94-89. Appalachian State’s Ronshad Shabazz contributed 26 points and five assists in the game. Akron held the Mountaineers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.6 (below their season average of 35.6). Appalachian State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 6.5 (better than their season average of 16.9).
The Buckeyes come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the William & Mary Tribe in their last game, 97-62. With 27 points on 11-for-16 shooting, Keita Bates-Diop was the games leading scorer. Ohio State dominated every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.267) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.1 (above their season average of 32.2). For those same stats, William & Mary was 0.058 and 18.5, respectively.
Ohio State figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Buckeyes rank 68th in offensive efficiency, while Appalachian State ranks 224th in defensive efficiency.
Appalachian State Mountaineers at Ohio State Buckeyes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Appalachian State, ATS Winner – Appalachian State, O/U – Over
- The Buckeyes rank 91st in assists per game (14.8) while the Mountaineers rank 110th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- Appalachian State ranks 31st in three pointers allowed per game (22.3) while Ohio State ranks 207th (23.8).
- The Buckeyes rank sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.4) while the Mountaineers rank 163rd (34.8).
- Ohio State ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Appalachian State ranks 102nd (2.8).
- The Buckeyes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, down from 10.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 78.8 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (0.8 below their season average).