SBC foes will battle when the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (11-14, 5-7 SBC) go head-to-head against the Appalachian State Mountaineers (10-15, 5-7 SBC) at HTC Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Betting Preview
The last time the Mountaineers played, they barely escaped the Texas State Bobcats, 59-56. Griffin Kinney was the games high scorer with 17 points on 6-for-7 shooting. The Mountaineers held the Bobcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 34.2) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.467).
The Chanticleers are hoping for a better outcome after their 87-80 loss to the UT Arlington Mavericks in their last matchup. With 15 points and 11 rebounds, Coastal Carolina’s Zac Cuthbertson had a good game. UT Arlington’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Coastal Carolina. The Mavericks had a rate of 14.0 (better than their season average of 18.3), while the Chanticleers posted a mark of 19.0.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the nations top rebounding teams square off. The Chanticleers rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.2 percent), while Appalachian State ranks 58th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.5 percent).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after splitting two games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Mountaineers won 77-73. Appalachian State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.5 vs. 17.8). Coastal Carolina, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (8.9 vs. 14.5).
Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Appalachian State, ATS Winner – Appalachian State, O/U – Over
- The Mountaineers average 5.9 steals per game, which ranks 142nd in the nation. The Chanticleers rank 191st in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Appalachian State averages 26.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 24th in the nation. Coastal Carolina ranks 262nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Chanticleers rank 35th in rebounds per game (39.0) while the Mountaineers rank 199th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Coastal Carolina ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Appalachian State ranks 112th (3.4).
- The Chanticleers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 3.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (1.7 above their season average).