The No. 24 West Virginia Mountaineers (0-1) will be at home in WVU Coliseum when they challenge the American University Eagles (0-1). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
American University Eagles at West Virginia Mountaineers Odds Preview
The Eagles got blown out by the Kansas State Wildcats in their last contest, 83-45. Laurynas Motuzis had a good game for American University, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Kansas States free throw rate was their biggest strength over American University. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.245, while the Eagles posted a mark of 0.054.
The last time the Mountaineers played, they were blown out by the No. 25 Texas A&M Aggies, 88-65. James Bolden was West Virginias leading scorer with 19 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Texas A&M did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (16-20; 80.0 percent). West Virginia, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (17.8 vs. 19.8).
The prolific offense of West Virginia will battle against the mid-tier defense of American University. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Mountaineers rank 43rd in offensive efficiency, while the Eagles are 236th in defensive efficiency. The Mountaineers figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. It could also be a mistake-prone game for the offense of the Eagles, which ranks 300th in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.6 percent). Theyll be going up against the stingy defense of the Mountaineers, which has forced the most turnovers in the NCAA (27.7 percent).
American University Eagles vs. West Virginia Mountaineers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – West Virginia, ATS Winner – West Virginia, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mountaineers rank first in steals per game (9.9) while the Eagles rank 199th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- West Virginia ranks 164th in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while American University ranks 271st (18.1).
- West Virginia ranks 21st in assists per game (16.5) while American University ranks 275th (11.2).
- The Mountaineers rank 83rd in rebounds per game (37.4) while the Eagles rank 308th (28.7).
- West Virginia ranks 29th in blocks per game (4.8) while American University ranks 234th (2.4).