The Alcorn State Braves (0-2) will travel to McLeod Center to square off against the UNI Panthers (0-1) in their home opener. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Alcorn State Braves at UNI Panthers Betting Preview
The Braves were blown out by the Creighton Bluejays in their last outing, 109-72. Avery Patterson had a good game for Alcorn State, putting up 12 points. Creighton made 16 of their 33 three pointers (48.5 percent). Alcorn State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (17.0 vs. 20.6).
The last time the Panthers played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the No. 9 North Carolina Tar Heels, 86-69. Spencer Haldeman led UNI in scoring with 15 points on 4-for-9 shooting. North Carolina’s 8.9 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over UNI, who had a mark of 18.5.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Alcorn State. Since last season, Alcorn State ranks 299th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.6 percent), while the gambling defense of UNI has forced the 54th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.9 percent).
Alcorn State Braves at UNI Panthers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alcorn State, ATS Winner – Alcorn State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Braves rank 50th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Panthers rank 162nd (21.0).
- UNI is seventh in the NCAA with 2.2 blocks allowed per game while Alcorn State is 40th with 2.7 blocks allowed per game.
- Alcorn State ranks 50th in rebounds per game (38.2) while UNI ranks 306th (29.4).
- The Panthers rank 108th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while the Braves rank 233rd (7.0).
- Alcorn State ranks 188th in assists per game (13.1) while UNI ranks 305th (10.1).