The Alcorn State Braves (0-4) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first victory when they meet the Central Arkansas Bears (1-2) at Farris Center. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Alcorn State Braves vs. Central Arkansas Bears ATS Preview
In the Braves last matchup, they lost to the No. 25 Baylor Bears, 78-61. With 14 points on 6-for-10 shooting, Reginald Johnson led Alcorn State in scoring. Baylor did an excellent job of making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent). Alcorn State, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.492 (above their season average of 0.393).
The Bears are trying to rebound after their 106-101 loss to the No. 23 UCLA Bruins in their last outing. Jordan Howard was the games leading scorer with 35 points on 13-for-25 shooting. UCLA had a much better free throw rate (0.253 vs. 0.089). Central Arkansas, meanwhile, was lights out from beyond the arc (18-35; 51.4 percent).
Opposite styles will be on display in this matchup. Dating back to last season, Central Arkansas has preferred a fast-breaking style of play (36th in possessions per game), while Alcorn State has been more half-court-oriented (219th in possessions per game).
Alcorn State Braves at Central Arkansas Bears Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alcorn State, ATS Winner – Alcorn State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Braves rank 121st in steals per game (6.5) while the Bears rank 189th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Alcorn State ranks 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Central Arkansas ranks 81st (3.0).
- Alcorn State ranks 68th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Central Arkansas ranks 315th (27.0).
- The Braves average 37.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 83rd in the nation. The Bears rank 276th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- Alcorn State ranks 182nd in assists allowed per game (13.7) while Central Arkansas ranks 301st (18.7).