Offense meets defense when the Albany Great Danes (11-2) head to Louisville to take on the Cardinals (8-2). Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Albany Great Danes at Louisville Cardinals Odds Preview
The Great Danes barely escaped the Canisius Golden Griffins in their last contest, 68-65. Travis Charles was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Albany dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.264 (below their season average of 0.266) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6 (below their season average of 38.8). For those same stats, Canisius recorded marks of 0.049 and 24.2, respectively.
In the Cardinals last matchup, they defeated the Memphis Tigers, 81-72. Louisville received a boost from Raymond Spalding, who contributed 12 points, nine rebounds and five blocks. The Cardinals, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.522, had a great mark of 0.574 and had a better turnover percentage (14.2 vs. 15.0).
This showdown figures to be a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NCAA’s premier offenses clash. Louisville ranks 60th with 113.4 points per 100 possessions and Albany is 37th (115.9). Furthermore, the Great Danes could control the offensive glass in this meeting as they rank ninth in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 38.0 percent. The Cardinals, meanwhile, rank 264th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.9 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Albany games have gone under 100.0 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of games including Louisville have finished over. Both teams have superb straight up (SU) records (11-2 for Albany; 8-2 for Louisville), but the Cardinals have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Louisville is 3-5-1 ATS, while the Great Danes are 0-1.
Quentin Snider has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Louisville, averaging 12.8 points and 3.4 assists per game.
Albany Great Danes vs. Louisville Cardinals Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Louisville, O/U – Under
- The Cardinals rank 49th in steals per game (7.7) while the Great Danes rank 188th (4.6).
- Louisville ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (9.3) while Albany ranks 112th (13.2).
- Louisville ranks second in blocks per game (8.5) while Albany ranks 197th (1.4).
- The Great Danes rank first in rebounds allowed per game (28.2) while the Cardinals rank 158th (36.1).
- Louisville ranks 120th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while Albany ranks 264th (14.9).
- The Cardinals average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.0, up from 15.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Great Danes have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average).