AmEast foes will collide when the Binghamton Bearcats (9-9, 0-3 AmEast) clash against the Albany Great Danes (14-5, 2-2 AmEast) at Events Center. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 15, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Albany Great Danes at Binghamton Bearcats ATS Preview
The Great Danes easily got past the Maine Black Bears in their last game, 84-66. Joe Cremo was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Albany dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.603 (above their season average of 0.266) and a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 14.5). For those same stats, Maine was 0.321 and 15.0, respectively.
In the Bearcats last game, they were dismantled by the Hartford Hawks, 97-65. J.C. Show led Binghamton in scoring with 11 points on 4-for-10 shooting. Hartford had a turnover percentage of 10.1 (better than their season average of 17.1). Binghamton, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.224 (above their season average of 0.197).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. Binghamton ranks 264th in possessions per game (68.3) and Albany is 301st (67.3).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Great Danes won both games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Albany won 66-54. The Great Danes dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 and a free throw rate of 0.212. For those same stats, the Bearcats recorded marks of 6.3 and 0.115, respectively.
Albany Great Danes at Binghamton Bearcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Under
- Albany ranks 72nd in rebounds per game (37.7) while Binghamton ranks 238th (32.5).
- The Bearcats rank sixth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while the Great Danes rank 142nd (4.4).
- Binghamton ranks 143rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while Albany ranks 262nd (15.3).
- The Bearcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Great Danes have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (3.1 below their season average).