The Albany Great Danes (12-4, 0-1 AmEast) and the New Hampshire Wildcats (4-11, 0-1 AmEast), who both like to play patient, will square off at Lundholm Gym. Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Albany Great Danes vs. New Hampshire Wildcats ATS Preview
In the Great Danes last game, they were beaten by the Hartford Hawks, 72-64. Albany’s Joe Cremo had a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Hartford did an excellent job of making free throws (13-13; 100.0 percent). Albany, on the other hand, forced the Hawks into a turnover percentage of 20.1 (above their season average of 16.3).
The Wildcats are trying to rebound after their 71-67 loss to the UMBC Retrievers in their last game. Tanner Leissner led New Hampshire in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-14 shooting. UMBC had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 16.1). New Hampshire, meanwhile, held the Retrievers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.0 (below their season average of 32.1).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nations slowest-paced teams square off. New Hampshire currently ranks 313th in possessions per game (67.1) and Albany is 306th (67.3). Furthermore, the Great Danes rank ninth in offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 percent), while the Wildcats rank seventh in defensive rebounding percentage (78.0 percent).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Great Danes won 69-55. The Great Danes dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 7.5 and a solid free throw rate of 0.264. For those same stats, the Wildcats were 20.5 and 0.140, respectively.
Albany Great Danes vs. New Hampshire Wildcats Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Albany, ATS Winner – Albany, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats rank 29th in rebounds per game (40.5) while the Great Danes rank 95th (37.7).
- New Hampshire ranks 46th in three pointers attempted per game (26.1) while Albany ranks 274th (15.7).
- The Wildcats rank 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Great Danes rank 148th (4.6).
- New Hampshire ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Albany ranks 114th (13.2).
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.8, up from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Great Danes have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (10.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (2.6 below their season average).