The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (2-22, 2-9 SWAC), who are currently riding a seven-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Alabama State Hornets (5-18, 5-6 SWAC) to Elmore Gymnasium. Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Alabama State Hornets at Alabama A&M Bulldogs Betting Preview
In the Hornets last contest, they were victorious over the UAPB Golden Lions, 65-59. Fausto Pichardo led Alabama State in scoring with 17 points on 8-for-12 shooting. The Hornets had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 31.5) and held the Golden Lions to an effective field goal percentage of 0.422 (below their season average of 0.495).
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 77-67 loss to the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils in their last matchup. Arthur Johnson led Alabama A&M in scoring with 20 points on 8-for-19 shooting. Mississippi Valley State had a turnover percentage of 5.4 (better than their season average of 15.7). Alabama A&M, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.2 (above their season average of 28.8).
Alabama State should have an edge on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Hornets rank 93rd in offensive rebounding percentage (32.3 percent), while Alabama A&M ranks 279th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.8 percent).
Reginald Gee has really been playing well over the last five games for Alabama State, averaging 20.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Hornets won 70-67. The Hornets dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 8.1 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.491. For those same stats, the Bulldogs put up marks of 11.3 and 0.414, respectively. De’Ederick Petty was a top performer in the game with 13 points.
Alabama State Hornets vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Alabama A&M, ATS Winner – Alabama A&M, O/U – Over
- The Hornets average 9.7 assists per game, which ranks 272nd in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 227th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- Alabama State ranks 90th in blocks per game (3.7) while Alabama A&M ranks 226th (1.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 192nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.9) while the Hornets rank 288th (39.9).
- Alabama State ranks 169th in steals per game (5.4) while Alabama A&M ranks 230th (3.8).
- The Bulldogs average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.4, down from 16.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (8.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.6 points per game (0.6 above their season average).