The Ole Miss Rebels (10-9, 3-4 SEC) can extend a five-game home winning streak when they meet the Alabama Crimson Tide (13-6, 5-2 SEC) at The Pavilion at Ole Miss. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 151 points with Ole Miss set as a 1-point favorite. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Alabama Crimson Tide at Ole Miss Rebels Betting Preview
In the Crimson Tide’s last outing, they beat the Mississippi State Bulldogs, 68-62. Braxton Key led Alabama in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Alabama dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.6 (better than their season average of 17.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 28.5). For those same stats, Mississippi State was 20.2 and 34.2, respectively.
The Rebels are hoping for a better outcome after their 97-93 loss to the Arkansas Razorbacks in their last game. Terence Davis was the games leading scorer with 30 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Arkansas did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (28-35; 80.0 percent). Ole Miss, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 30.3).
Alabama could have a tough time creating turnovers. Ole Miss ranks 28th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.1 percent), while Alabama forces the 158th-most turnovers (19.6 percent). Furthermore, the Crimson Tide are among the nations best at getting to the line, ranking 41st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.286). The Rebels, meanhwile, rank 258th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.260).
Both of these teams have typically gone under the projected point total. Games including Alabama have gone under 64.7 percent of the time, while 61.1 percent of Ole Miss games have finished under. The Crimson Tide hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 13-6 SU and 10-7-1 ATS, while the Rebels are 10-9 SU and 8-10 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Crimson Tide won the lone contest last season, 70-55. Alabama’s 0.529 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Ole Miss, who had a rate of 0.344.
Alabama Crimson Tide at Ole Miss Rebels Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – Alabama, O/U – Under
- The Crimson Tide rank seventh in blocks per game (6.3) while the Rebels rank 71st in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Ole Miss averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 99th in the NCAA. Alabama ranks 124th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Alabama is 5-4 ATS on the road, while Ole Miss is 6-5 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 5 of the Crimson Tide’s 9 road games, while 6 of the Rebels 11 home games have gone under.
- Alabama ranks 50th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while Ole Miss ranks 233rd (16.2).
- The Rebels rank 44th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while the Crimson Tide rank 217th (19.2).
- Alabama averages 37.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 95th in the nation. Ole Miss ranks 223rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- Ole Miss is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Alabama is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Rebels have been outscored by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Ole Miss has defeated opponents by an average of 2.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Crimson Tide have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.2 points per game (4.3 below their season average).