SEC foes will collide when the No. 23 Florida Gators (15-7, 6-3 SEC) square off with the Alabama Crimson Tide (14-8, 5-4 SEC) at Stephen C. O’Connell Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Florida Gators Free Preview
In the Crimson Tide’s last outing, they lost to the Missouri Tigers, 69-60. With 23 points on 7-for-16 shooting, Collin Sexton was the games high scorer. Missouri had an effective field goal percentage of 0.628 (above their season average of 0.542). Alabama, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.438 (above their season average of 0.277).
The Gators are trying to rebound after their 72-60 loss to the Georgia Bulldogs in their last contest. Chris Chiozza led Florida in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Georgia did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (18-22; 81.8 percent). Florida, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.6 vs. 10.6).
Alabama could struggle to create turnovers. Florida ranks third in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.2 percent), while Alabama forces the 147th-most turnovers (19.7 percent). ,
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Gators won the lone game last season, 80-67. The Gators dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.2 and a fantastic free throw rate of 0.453. The Crimson Tide recorded marks of 21.9 and 0.320, respectively, for those same stats.
Alabama Crimson Tide at Florida Gators Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – Alabama, O/U – Under
- The Crimson Tide rank fifth in blocks per game (6.2) while the Gators rank 70th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Florida ranks 56th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Alabama ranks 225th (19.3).
- The Crimson Tide rank 107th in rebounds per game (36.6) while the Gators rank 220th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- Florida ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Alabama ranks 113th (6.3).
- The Gators average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 8.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crimson Tide have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (0.6 above their season average).