The BYU Cougars (3-1) and the No. 25 Alabama Crimson Tide (4-0) clash at Barclays Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. BYU Cougars ATS Preview
The Crimson Tide edged the UT Arlington Mavericks in their last contest, 77-76. Collin Sexton was the games leading scorer with 29 points on 8-for-15 shooting. The Crimson Tide had a solid free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.220), while the Mavericks had a turnover percentage of 22.2 (above their season average of 16.2).
In the Cougars last game, they beat the Niagara Purple Eagles, 95-88. BYU rallied around TJ Haws, who finished with 18 points, six rebounds and six assists. The Cougars made 28 of their 37 free throws (75.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.569).
Opposite styles will be on display in this showdown. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, BYU has preferred to play up-tempo (18th in possessions per game), while Alabama has been more half-court-oriented (257th in possessions per game). Moreover, the Crimson Tide have been among the nations best on the offensive backboards, ranking 51st in offensive rebounding percentage (33.5 percent). The Cougars, however, rank 27th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.9 percent).
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. BYU Cougars ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – Alabama, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Crimson Tide rank 175th in steals per game (6.0) while the Cougars rank 222nd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- BYU ranks 41st in blocks per game (4.7) while Alabama ranks 56th (4.4).
- Alabama ranks 32nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while BYU ranks 292nd (24.5).
- The Crimson Tide rank fourth in assists allowed per game (9.8) while the Cougars rank 226th (14.1).
- Alabama ranks 33rd in rebounds per game (39.0) while BYU ranks 200th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).