The No. 16 Auburn Tigers (25-6, 13-5 SEC) and the Alabama Crimson Tide (18-14, 9-10 SEC) face off in the Southeastern Conference Tourney at Scottrade Center. Auburn opened as a 5.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 151.5 points. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Friday, March 9, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Auburn Tigers ATS Preview
The Crimson Tide edged the Texas A&M Aggies in their last outing, 71-70. Collin Sexton was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 9-for-16 shooting. The Crimson Tide held the Aggies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.443 (below their season average of 0.514). The Aggies also had a turnover percentage of 19.5 (above their season average of 16.2).
In the Tigers’ last game, they topped the South Carolina Gamecocks, 79-70. With 29 points on 9-for-15 shooting, Bryce Brown was the top scorer from either team. Auburn played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.421 (above their season average of 0.313) and a turnover percentage of 14.7 (worse than their season average of 14.5). For those same stats, South Carolina was 0.246 and 22.3, respectively.
The offensive glass could be a huge advantage for Auburn in this meeting. The Tigers rank 46th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.5 percent), while Alabama ranks 293rd in defensive rebounding percentage (68.7 percent). Moreover, the Crimson Tide rank 290th in turnover percentage (20.5 percent), while the Tigers rank 51st in opponents’ turnover percentage (21.0 percent).
Of Alabama’s 29 games that accepted bets, 20 have finished under the projected point total, while 14 of Auburn’s 28 games have finished over the projected point total. The Tigers come into this game with a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 25-6 SU and 18-10 ATS, while the Crimson Tide are 18-14 SU and 15-14-1 ATS.
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. In the most recent contest, Chuma Okeke recorded 16 points and 10 rebounds and the Tigers beat the Crimson Tide 90-71, covering as 6.5-point favorites. The two teams combined to put up 161 points, which was 9.5 points above the projected point total of 151.5 points. The Tigers played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.2 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6. The Crimson Tide were 21.6 and 18.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Auburn Tigers Betting Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Under
- The Tigers average 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 37th in the nation. The Crimson Tide rank 159th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Alabama ranks 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Auburn ranks 105th (12.8).
- Auburn ranks 28th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while Alabama ranks 225th (19.5).
- The Tigers average 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 44th in the NCAA. The Crimson Tide rank 217th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Auburn averages 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the nation. Alabama ranks 149th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Auburn is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Alabama is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 11.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crimson Tide have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (5.7 above their season average).