SEC foes will battle when the Kentucky Wildcats (17-9, 6-7 SEC) take on the Alabama Crimson Tide (17-9, 8-5 SEC) at Rupp Arena. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Kentucky Wildcats ATS Preview
In the Crimson Tide’s last matchup, they were victorious over the LSU Tigers, 80-65. Donta Hall led Alabama in scoring with 20 points on 8-for-10 shooting. The Crimson Tide had an absurd free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.279) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.653 (above their season average of 0.521).
The Wildcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 76-66 loss to the No. 10 Auburn Tigers in their last game. Kevin Knox was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Auburn had a turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 14.6). Kentucky, meanwhile, held the Tigers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.433 (below their season average of 0.539).
Kentucky figures to have an edge on the offensive glass in this matchup. The Wildcats currently rank 27th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.8 percent), while Alabama ranks 242nd in defensive rebounding percentage (70.1 percent).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Wildcats won both matchups last season. In the last game, Kentucky won 79-74. Kentucky had a much better free throw rate (0.614 vs. 0.242). Alabama, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.4 vs. 25.0).
Alabama Crimson Tide at Kentucky Wildcats ATS Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Kentucky, O/U – Under
- The Crimson Tide rank 37th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Wildcats rank 136th (13.4).
- Alabama ranks 81st in steals per game (6.8) while Kentucky ranks 111th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Alabama averages 6.0 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the nation. Kentucky ranks 148th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Wildcats average 38.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 37th in the nation. The Crimson Tide rank 175th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- Alabama ranks 136th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7) while Kentucky ranks 265th (25.4).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 6.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Kentucky has defeated opponents by an average of 4.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Crimson Tide have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.2 points per game (8.0 below their season average).