The Georgia Bulldogs (10-3, 1-1 SEC) look to continue an eight-game home winning streak when they clash against the Alabama Crimson Tide (9-5, 1-1 SEC) at Stegeman Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Georgia Bulldogs Odds Preview
The last time the Crimson Tide played, they lost a close one to the Vanderbilt Commodores, 76-75. With 24 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Collin Sexton was the top scorer from either team. Vanderbilt held the Crimson Tide to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 29.9). Alabama, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (14.0 vs. 15.5).
The Bulldogs will look to maintain momentum after beating the Ole Miss Rebels in their last game, 71-60. With 18 points on 4-for-11 shooting, Juwan Parker was the games leading scorer. The Bulldogs knocked down 16 of their 22 free throws (72.7 percent) and held the Rebels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.400 (below their season average of 0.535).
Georgia could own the offensive glass in this battle. The Bulldogs are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 34th in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.5 percent. Meanwhile, Alabama ranks 254th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.4 percent.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after splitting two games last season. The Bulldogs won the last game 60-55. The Bulldogs dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.224 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500. For those same stats, the Crimson Tide were 0.143 and 0.365, respectively.
Alabama Crimson Tide at Georgia Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Under
- The Crimson Tide rank 225th in three pointers attempted per game (18.7) while the Bulldogs rank 242nd (18.2).
- Georgia ranks 31st in rebounds per game (40.4) while Alabama ranks 177th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Crimson Tide rank 10th in blocks per game (6.3) while the Bulldogs rank 61st in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Georgia ranks 34th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while Alabama ranks 74th (12.1).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 6.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crimson Tide have scored an average of 73.2 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (2.2 above their season average).