The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (2-21, 2-8 SWAC), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they head to Harrison Complex to take on the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-22, 1-9 SWAC). Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs vs. Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils ATS Preview
The Bulldogs got blown out by the UAPB Golden Lions in their last contest, 80-62. Arthur Johnson had a good game for Alabama A&M, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 5-for-10 shooting. UAPB had an effective field goal percentage of 0.603 (above their season average of 0.490). Alabama A&M, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (16-21; 76.2 percent).
In the Delta Devils last game, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Alabama State Hornets, 89-85. Jordan Evans was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 7-for-23 shooting. Alabama State had a better free throw rate (0.219 vs. 0.186). Mississippi Valley State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5 (above their season average of 28.4).
Mississippi Valley State may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this matchup. The Delta Devils rank 328th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.187, while Alabama A&M ranks 67th in FTA rate allowed (0.201).
These teams have already met once this season. The Bulldogs won 65-55. The Bulldogs played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.348 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.533. For those same stats, the Delta Devils had marks of 0.090 and 0.366, respectively. In the victory, Julian Walters led all scorers with 14 points.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Mississippi Valley State, ATS Winner – Mississippi Valley State, O/U – Over
- The Delta Devils average 9.2 assists per game, which ranks 273rd in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 235th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- Alabama A&M ranks 49th in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 187th (23.0).
- The Bulldogs rank 192nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.0) while the Delta Devils rank 280th (40.6).
- Mississippi Valley State ranks 144th in steals per game (5.8) while Alabama A&M ranks 226th (3.9).
- The Delta Devils average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, down from 17.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 59.6 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (5.4 below their season average).