The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (0-10) seek their first win when they clash against the Michigan Wolverines (9-3) at Crisler Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 131 points with Michigan opening as a 32-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Michigan Wolverines Betting Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they got blown out by the UAB Blazers, 90-58. Alabama A&M’s Julian Walters put together a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 5-for-8 shooting. UAB’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Blazers had 11 offensive rebounds and 41 total rebounds, while the Bulldogs had five and 21, respectively.
The Wolverines will look to maintain momentum after topping the Texas Longhorns in their last matchup, 59-52. With 17 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman led Michigan in scoring. Michigan dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 27.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.455 (below their season average of 0.557). Texas was 16.7 and 0.413, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Michigan currently ranks 332nd in possessions per game (65.7) and Alabama A&M is 307th (70.7).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring Alabama A&M have finished over 75.0 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of Michigan games have finished under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Wolverines have a significant advantage. They are 9-3 SU and 7-5 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 0-10 SU and 1-3 ATS.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Michigan Wolverines Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Michigan, ATS Winner – Michigan, O/U – Under
- The Wolverines rank 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Bulldogs rank 128th (4.8).
- Michigan ranks 214th in rebounds per game (33.5) while Alabama A&M ranks 239th (31.9).
- Michigan ranks 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Alabama A&M ranks 264th (18.6).
- The Wolverines rank 21st in assists allowed per game (10.5) while the Bulldogs rank 190th (17.2).
- Michigan ranks first in steals allowed per game (4.0) while Alabama A&M ranks 148th (7.6).
- The Wolverines average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 11.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 56.8 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (7.7 below their season average).