SWAC foes will battle when the Jackson State Tigers (4-10, 1-0 SWAC) clash with the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (1-12, 1-0 SWAC) at Williams Center. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs vs. Jackson State Tigers ATS Preview
The Bulldogs were victorious over the Grambling State Tigers in their last contest, 71-64. De’Edrick Petty was Alabama A&M’s high scorer with 18 points on 4-for-8 shooting. The Bulldogs, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.441, had a mark of 0.541 and had a free throw rate of 0.367 (above their season average of 0.198).
In the Tigers last matchup, they defeated the Alabama State Hornets, 82-73. Jackson State’s Paris Collins had a good game, contributing 16 points, 12 rebounds and five assists. Jackson State played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.8 (better than their season average of 14.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.563 (above their season average of 0.419). Alabama State was 18.5 and 0.500, respectively, for those same stats.
Points at the line could be hard to come by for Jackson State in this contest. The Tigers rank 343rd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.159, while Alabama A&M ranks 56th in FTA rate allowed (0.188). Furthermore, the Bulldogs rank 349th in turnover percentage (26.7 percent), while the Tigers rank 16th in opponents turnover percentage (24.4 percent).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Tigers won both matchups last season. In the last game, Jackson State won 72-64. The Tigers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 8.0 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2. For those same stats, the Bulldogs were 14.6 and 31.3, respectively.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Jackson State Tigers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jackson State, ATS Winner – Jackson State, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 132nd in blocks per game (2.9) while the Bulldogs rank 145th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Jackson State ranks 240th in rebounds per game (32.6) while Alabama A&M ranks 246th (32.2).
- Jackson State ranks 22nd in steals per game (8.6) while Alabama A&M ranks 203rd (4.0).
- The Tigers rank 142nd in assists allowed per game (13.7) while the Bulldogs rank 230th (16.9).
- Jackson State ranks 146th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Alabama A&M ranks 228th (18.5).
- The Tigers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.8, down from 9.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 55.8 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.8 points per game (0.4 below their season average).