The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (0-11) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first win when they clash with the Georgetown Hoyas (9-1) at Capital One Arena. Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Georgetown Hoyas Betting Preview
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they got blown out by the Michigan Wolverines, 97-47. Alabama A&M’s Andre Kennedy put together a good game, contributing 10 points and seven rebounds. Michigan forced the Bulldogs into a turnover percentage of 31.0 (above their season average of 22.4). Alabama A&M, meanwhile, held the Wolverines to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.2 (below their season average of 27.2).
The Hoyas come in on a high note after beating the North Texas Mean Green in their last matchup, 75-63. Georgetown was led by Jessie Govan, who contributed 12 points, 14 rebounds and five blocks. Georgetown played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.295 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (below their season average of 35.0). For those same stats, North Texas was 0.061 and 25.6, respectively.
Georgetown could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the nations worst defenses. The Hoyas currently rank 60th in offensive efficiency, while Alabama A&M ranks 344th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Bulldogs rank 269th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.211), while the Hoyas rank 30th in opponents FTA rate (0.174).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Alabama A&M games have finished over 80.0 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of games featuring Georgetown have gone under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Hoyas have a clear advantage. They are 9-1 SU and 2-5 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 0-11 SU and 1-4 ATS.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs vs. Georgetown Hoyas Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Under
- The Hoyas average 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 136th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 159th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Georgetown ranks 228th in three pointers attempted per game (18.9) while Alabama A&M ranks 237th (18.5).
- Georgetown ranks 14th in rebounds per game (41.4) while Alabama A&M ranks 253rd (31.5).
- The Hoyas rank 11th in assists per game (18.8) while the Bulldogs rank 235th (10.5).
- Georgetown ranks 23rd in blocks per game (5.6) while Alabama A&M ranks 203rd (0.6).
- The Hoyas average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, down from 14.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 51.8 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (6.1 below their season average).