The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (0-12) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they clash against the Grambling State Tigers (4-9) at Assembly Center. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, January 1, 2018.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs at Grambling State Tigers Betting Preview
The Bulldogs were blown out by the Georgetown Hoyas in their last contest, 89-49. Alabama A&M’s Mohamed Sherif had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 12 points on 6-for-10 shooting. One of Georgetown’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 15-18 (83.3 percent), while the Bulldogs were just 4-7 (57.1 percent).
The last time the Tigers played, they were blown out by the Seattle Redhawks, 93-63. Ivy Smith Jr. led Grambling State in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-15 shooting. Seattle had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 32.9). Grambling State, on the other hand, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (19-26; 73.1 percent).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Alabama A&M. Alabama A&M ranks 350th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 26.1 percent), while the gambling defense of Grambling State forces the 88th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.2 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Tigers won both matchups last season. In the last game, Grambling State won 78-57. The Tigers turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Bulldogs. Grambling State had a rate of 12.7, while Alabama A&M posted a mark of 23.8.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs vs. Grambling State Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Over
- The Tigers rank 214th in rebounds per game (33.5) while the Bulldogs rank 255th (31.4).
- Grambling State averages 2.9 blocks per game, which ranks 135th in the NCAA. Alabama A&M ranks 151st in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Grambling State ranks 31st in steals per game (8.2) while Alabama A&M ranks 210th (3.9).
- The Tigers average 12.5 assists per game, which ranks 179th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 237th in assists allowed per game (17.9).
- Alabama A&M ranks 231st in three pointers attempted per game (18.7) while Grambling State ranks 274th (15.2).
- The Tigers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 10.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 51.0 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average).